When you have leftover turkey and gravy, this is an easy—and terrific—dish to make.
8 six-inch tortillas
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups turkey gravy
1 four-ounce can of chopped chilies, drained
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups chopped cooked turkey meat
Sliced ripe olives (optional)
Chopped tomatoes (optional)
Sliced green onions (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. Place tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Heat in the microwave until warm and soft, about one minute.
3. Place chopped onion in a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and cook in the microwave for two minutes or until slightly tender.
4. Mix the cooked onions, sour cream, ground pepper, gravy, chili peppers, and 1/2 cup cheese together in the medium bowl.
5. Mix about 1/2 cup of the sauce with the turkey meat. Spoon this filling onto the eight tortillas. Roll the tortillas and place them seam side down in the prepared pan. Top with the remaining sauce.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted, three to five minutes.
Let stand for five minutes. Garnish by scattering the optional olives, tomatoes, and green onions over the enchiladas.