We would like to share some tips for great whipped cream and a recipe for Creme Chantilly.
Whipped Cream Tips
1. Chill the cream, bowl, and beaters before starting.
2. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer or use a wire whisk.
3. Use powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar for sweetening. The finer powdered sugar dissolves more readily and the small amount of cornstarch gives the cream a little more body.
4. Do not use very fresh cream. Cream whips better if it is a couple days old.
5. Do not over whip. Stop while the peaks are still soft.
6. Add other ingredients such as syrups, extracts, and fruit at the end of the whipping.
7. Extra cream should be stored in the refrigerator. Dollops of cream can be frozen on waxed paper.
1 pint heavy whipping cream (the fat content should be 35% or more)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Chill the cream, the utensils, and bowl that you will be using.
2. Beat the cream at medium speed until soft peaks form.
3. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Do not over whip.
To see the printable version of this article, click here.