Would you like your bar cookies to be picture perfect – like they came from the bakery? Here’s how:
- Bake the cookies in parchment or foil lined pans. Extend the paper above the edges of the pan.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely in the pan. Lift the sheet of cookies from the pan and move to the cutting board by grasping the edges of the paper and pulling upward.
- Remove the paper or foil and trim the edges straight and square.
- Use a tape measure or ruler to mark the cuts with a knife. The cookies can be cut into squares, rectangles, or diamonds.
- Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut all the way through the base of the cookie.