Directions for Perfect Pizza Flour Blend
Thick Crust Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup water at 110 degrees
- 2 1/4 cups pizza mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- A packet of yeast or 1/2 TBS yeast
Thin Crust Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup water at 110 degrees
- 1 1/2 cups pizza mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A packet of yeast or 1 teaspoon yeast
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. If you are going to bake your pizza on a baking stone, place the stone in the oven to preheat. If you are going to bake your pizza on a pan, grease a 14 inch pan and sprinkle it with cornmeal or semolina flour (not necessary with a nonstick pan).
- Add the oil, water, and yeast to the bowl of your stand-type mixer. Mix until combined then add pizza mix. Knead the dough with the bread hook for 4 minutes.
- Form the crust. For thick crusts: let it rise for about 30 minutes or until soft and twice as thick. (thin crust pizzas do not need to rise)
- Spread marinara, white sauce, or olive oil on the risen crust. Load the crust with toppings.
- Bake the pizza for 8 to 15 minutes on the middle rack in the oven. Baking times will vary depending on the pan and the toppings. When done, immediately remove the pizza to a wire rack so that the bottom of the pizza does not sweat. Serve hot.
Baker’s tip: If you are not going to serve your pizza immediately, place the pizza on a wire cooling rack. A hot pizza left on the pan or cutting board will sweat and make the crust soggy.