Don’t skip breakfast. I know, we’ve heard that a thousand times but we recently read an article that made us rethink the importance of breakfast. But we recently read an article that made us rethink the importance of breakfast. The author pointed out reasons why we should take time for breakfast that we had not considered before. We thought we would share them with you. We’re calling them the top five reasons to not skip breakfast.
1. You may not perform well. You have to fuel your body for peak performance. Sure, you might grab a sweet at morning break but the sugar yo-yo may be worse than going hungry. Studies show that people who skip breakfast do not solve their problems as well.
2. You may get fat. No kidding—the author cites studies demonstrating that people that start the day with breakfast, stay trimmer.
3. You may not feel well. Eating breakfast improves your sense of well-being. Even if you don’t perform better, you will feel better about your performance.
4. You may not live as long. The author cites studies that found that those who eat breakfast everyday live longer.
5. Breakfast makes for better families. Breakfast should be a family affair. When we eat together, interact together over breakfast, we feel the support of the family unit. Children feel more confident in their abilities to face the world.
Adopted from Jane Brody’s Good Food Cookbook.