This pumpkin swirl cheesecake has a delightful swirl of chocolate, and as we all know, pumpkin and chocolate are a pair you just can’t resist. It’s easy, scrumptious, and perfect for the holidays or all year round. The chocolate requires an extra step but otherwise, this is as easy as most other cheesecakes.
- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 16-ounce can pumpkin (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup pure dark (semisweet) chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press onto the bottom of a ten-inch springform pan.
- For the cheesecake, in the bowl of your stand-type mixer, beat the cream cheese, salt, and granulated sugar together. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, cream, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Heat the chocolate chips until melted, either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Add one cup of the pumpkin batter and stir it into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the prepared crust. Spoon the chocolate batter on top. Use a straightedge spatula and vertically cut through the batters to create a chocolate swirl in the cheesecake.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the cheesecake tests done. Cool completely and then chill in the refrigerator before serving.