These pumpkin pancakes taste just like a slice of pumpkin pie in a pancake. The recipe calls to use a pancake mix or recipe for the base and adding the pumpkin pie ingredients to it. We used our Buttermilk Pancake mix, so we had pumpkin buttermilk pancakes. We’re sure that these would be great with our Country Wheat Pancakes also.
The Pumpkin Pie Pancake Mix
If you’re short on ingredients or time in the mornings, you can also use our delicious pumpkin pie pancake mix  instead. They’ll be just as tasty but just a little bit easier and more convenient.
Our pumpkin pie pancakes are light and fluffy and perfectly capture the taste of the fall.They’re just a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and have just enough flavor to make both kids and adults smile.
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
The recipe that follows makes six large pancakes. If you are cooking for a family, double or triple the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon 
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup canned or pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup water, more or less
- In a medium bowl, mix the pancake mix and spices together.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and the brown sugar together. Stir in the oil, the pumpkin, and most of the water.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir with a spatula until just combined adding more water to obtain the right consistency.