This chocolate chip pumpkin cookie recipe is one of our favorite ways to use canned or freshly pureed pumpkin. The soft pumpkin cookie combined with the chocolate chips is just scrumptious. It’s sure to be a favorite for the pumpkin season.
- 1 15-ounce can prepared pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Adapted from a recipe found at Nancy’s Kitchen.
- Mix the pumpkin, eggs, oil, sugar, and spices together until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and leavenings together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Drop spoonfuls on well-greased baking sheets. Bake for eleven minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove the cookies immediately and cool on wire racks.