These golden citrus no-bake cookies are made with crispy rice cereal, pecan pieces, orange zest, and golden raisins to give them the citrus punch that we’ve come to love. All you have to do is boil the wet ingredients, add the dry, and form the cookies into balls to set.
“These are so good.” That was the word around the test kitchen. The orange zest adds just enough zip to make them sweetly refreshing.
Golden Citrus No-Bake Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- zest from one large orange
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 2 egg large yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cereal, pecans, and orange zest in a 2-quart mixing bowl. Toss just enough to blend the ingredients. Set the bowl aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine the butter, raisins, egg yolks, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the hot mixture over the cereal mixture; mix thoroughly, and let the mixture sit until it is cool enough to handle. Roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a platter.