Cranberry Coconut Bars are microwave cookies that can be mixed right in the baking pan–talk about convenience and easy cookies. These cookies aren’t your typical cookie with chocolate chips and gooey goodness packed inside; they have a little extra with fruit, nuts, and coconut. But they’re so scrumptious and easy, we had to include them. They’re sure to be a hit.
If you are not fond of dried cranberries, consider substituting dates, raisins, or chopped apricot pieces in this recipe.
Cranberry Coconut Microwave Cookie Bars
This recipe will make sixteen 2 x 2-inch squares.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces 
1. Place butter in an 8-inch square, microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave until the butter is melted.
2. Stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Press the mixture firmly into the dish.
3. Microwave for three to five minutes or until lightly browned. If your microwave does not have a rotating carousel, rotate the dish twice during cooking.
4. Let the cookies cool and then cut them into bars with a sharp knife. Wrap them individually to pack in a lunch.