This is our Saturday Morning Brownies recipe modified to work in a 9-inch springform pan. It makes a smaller batch of round brownies. It’s still firm and not gooey but moist and dense. We recommend a glass base springform pan. The advantage of using a springform pan with a glass base is that you can cut right on the base and not have to dig brownies from the pan. It makes for an elegant presentation.
- 1 cup rich dark cocoa with a high cocoa butter content (See note.)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnut pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You will need a 9-inch springform pan for these brownies. We recommend our Candy Apple Silicone Springform Pan with a glass base. You will also need two mixing bowls—one of them medium or large, and a whisk. The larger bowl should be microwave safe to save you a step. We used our Candy Apple Red Mixing Bowls and they were perfect.
- In the smaller of the two bowls, whisk the cocoa and flour together to break up any clumps and disperse the cocoa. Set aside.
- In the larger of the two bowls, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the sugar and the salt and stir. Add the eggs and the vanilla and stir until mixed.
- Add the cocoa and flour mixture to the liquid mixture. Stir until combined. Add the chopped nuts and stir.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the springform pan with a spatula and spread the batter evenly.
- Bake for 23 minutes in a dark pan or until the toothpick comes out fairly clean but with batter on it. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool for five minutes then and then pop the removable ring from the dessert.
Note: We used Ramstadt Breda Rich Dark Cocoa with 3X the cocoa butter of the leading store brand. It makes all the difference. With a lesser cocoa, you will have inferior results.