Kelli Tracy, who worked in our test kitchen, has been making this chocolate zucchini cake for years. It’s a hand-me-down recipe and has been around for years. She was generous enough to share this with us.
- So dense and moist! The interaction of the zucchini with the chocolate in this recipe creates a fudgy texture and flavor very similar to brownies.
- So easy to make!You can make this chocolate zucchini cake in just three easy steps. You’ll be enjoying your delicious cake in no time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Ramstadt Breda Rich Dark Cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups grated zucchini
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line with parchment paper a 9×13-inch pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the vegetable oil, vanilla, water, and grated zucchini. Mix well. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Cool on a wire rack. After cooling, frost as desired.
(Updated from July 10, 2018)