Chocolate Banana Muffins
You can never go wrong when combining chocolate and bananas into a tasty muffin.
This muffin is scrumptious, our favorite chocolate muffin. The bananas give it a tender moistness and the nuts and chocolate chips are just right. This may be a little indulgent for breakfast but we’re sure they won’t go to waste.
Chocolate-Banana: The Perfect Combination
Chocolate and bananas are one of our favorite flavor combinations. We think you’ll love it too.
For these chocolate banana muffins, we did a lot of testing until we found the perfect combination of chocolate and bananas that wasn’t too sweet. We used over-ripe bananas, extra banana flavor, and sour cream to a perfectly moist muffin and balance out the sweetness of the chocolate.Chocolate Banana Muffins Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about two small bananas)
- 1 teaspoon banana flavor
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk two large eggs and add those to the bananas. Add the oil, milk, brown sugar, and sour cream. Blend well. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- With a spatula, mix the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture. Stir until just combined. Spoon the batter into 10 to 12 well-greased muffin tins. Ten muffins will give you large, nicely-domed muffins. Fill any unused muffins cups half full of water.
- Bake for eight minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 6 to 10 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick. Let the muffins sit in the tins for a few minutes and then remove them to wire racks to cool.
Bakers note: The burst of heat in the initial high temperature helps dome the muffins.