When we go Italian, it’s usually to Johnny Carino’s. I’m hooked on the bread and that wonderful olive oil with the crunchy roasted garlic bits.
The original recipe calls for roasting the garlic in the oven. That certainly works with wonderful results. But like you, I’m always in a hurry. So, I left the cheese out and made it on the stovetop.
It’s great. Now that’s the only way I make it. It’s much quicker and still very good. So, you can make it either way.
Johnny Carino’s (Copycat) Roasted Garlic Bread Dip Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon medium coarse sea salt (consider roasted garlic sea salt)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the herbs and Parmesan cheese in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Add the olive oil.
- Spread the chopped garlic, herbs, and oil mixture on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the mixture for 20 minutes stirring twice while cooking. Check on it before the 20 minutes is up; the garlic should be golden and crispy, but not burned. Use what you need and save the rest in a paper bag in the refrigerator.
- Add more olive oil as desired at serving time.
- How to Make Great Garlic Toast in About 15 Minutes
- How to Roast Garlic
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!