Make Jumbo Muffins the Family Will Love!
Absolutely delicious! The house will be filled with smiles for days when you make these jumbo banana muffins packed with extra banana flavor from the ripe bananas and a satisfying crunch from the streusel and the nuts.
The highest domes! Nobody likes a flat muffin. This jumbo muffin recipe will give you the highest muffin domes you could ever want.
Easy to make! These jumbo banana muffins can be made in five easy steps. Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately, prepare the pan and the streusel, and put them in the oven.
Jumbo Muffin Keys to Success
Find the Ripest Bananas You can Find
Ripe bananas have much more flavor. Adjust the flour if you have to. Because bananas differ in their moistness as they ripen, you may have to add a couple of tablespoons of flour.
We also like to add extra banana flavor to add an extra punch. The banana flavor really makes these muffins pop, and they’re absolutely scrumptious.
Adjust the Cooking Time and Temperature
Start out with a hot oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and then reduce the temperature as directed. The initial hot oven creates a burst of steam that helps lift the muffins and create a crispier top.
Check the cooking time. This is the same recipe as for standard-sized muffins except that the baking times are different. Because you turn the temperature down for the jumbo muffins, times are only an estimate and reflect the time required in our oven. Other ovens may retain heat as ours does.
Your fun with bananas doesn’t have to end here. All you need to do is tell us where to send more yummy ways to use your bananas, and you’ll get a free mix too!
Keep reading below for the recipe.
Perfect Jumbo Banana Muffins Perfect Jumbo Banana Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, egg yolks, and vanilla together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until the ingredients are mixed well. Fold in the nuts.
- Fill the well-greased tins nearly full. Use all the batter for six jumbo muffins. Sprinkle on the optional streusel topping.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Let sit for five minutes and remove the muffins from the pan to a rack to cool.
Streusel Topping Streusel Topping
To make the streusel topping, combine all the ingredients and stir until well combined and crumbly. Sprinkle over the muffins before baking.