These cobblers are incredible, different from any you’ve had before! The crusty cake on top makes the cobbler but it balances well with the fruit.
It’s proven. It uses an old heritage recipe, all the way back to pioneer days.
Hungry for a cobbler? You can make it with just about any fruit. We’ve used apples, plums, pears—fruit you wouldn’t normally associate with cobblers. It makes my favorite peach cobbler. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned.
One winter, when there was no fresh fruit, we made cobblers with mangos and coconut. Very scrumptious. Yes, the recipe is here.
So, let’s get started
10 Skillet Cobbler Recipes
- Cream Cheese and Cherry Skillet Cobbler
- Plum Currant Skillet Cobbler
- Peach Pineapple Paradise Skillet Cobbler
- Blackberry Peach Skillet Cobbler
- Caramel Pear and Walnut Skillet Cobbler
- Blackberry Cream Skillet Cobbler
- Blueberry Lemon Skillet Cobbler
- Raspberry Peach Skillet Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Skillet Cobbler
- Mango Coconut Cream Skillet Cobbler with Coconut Whipped Cream
How to Make Skillet Cobblers
We bake these in skillets—but you don’t have to. Any large baking dish will do. And we sell a ton of these mixes for use in a Dutch oven.
- Mix the batter as directed on the package.
- Melt the butter in a nine or ten-inch ovenproof skillet.
- Add the batter to the hot pan.
- Place the fruit pieces on the batter. You can use a combination of fruits like raspberries and peaches. (During baking, the fruit sinks to the bottom and the batter rises to the top.)
- Add a sweetener—anything from jam to lemon curd to cream cheese pastry filling.
- Bake it in the oven.
Serve it warm with flavored whipped cream or ice cream.
What You’ll Need
- You’ll need 2 to 2 ½ cups of prepared fruit
- For most fruits, you’ll want 1/4 cup or so of sweetener. You can use jams or jellies. with any jams or jellies. (We have a large selection of gourmet jams. Some of the recipes call for peach pineapple jelly or red currant jelly.) For the pear and apple cobbler, we used a caramel topping.
Get Skillet Cobbler Mixes Here
We sell skillet cobbler mixes. They are one of our most popular products. Use our mix, based on an old-time skillet cobbler recipe, to make wonderful cobblers.
- Quick and easy to use
- Use with your choice of canned, frozen, or fresh fruit
- Makes great slumps too