Fried potatoes are a great way to use leftover boiled potatoes. When we boil a pot of new (baby) red potatoes, we always make extra to fry up in skillet meals or use in potato salads. This fried new red potato with cilantro recipe is one of our favorites.
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- about 6 cups of boiled new, red potatoes, sliced
- pepper and salt as desired
- fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, sauté the pepper and onion in the vegetable oil.
- Add the potatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium-high heat until the potatoes start to brown. Add the cilantro. Finish cooking as desired.
Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
(Updated from May 26, 2014)