For this potato biscuit recipe, we took our potato and ranch biscuits and added sharp cheddar cheese with the ranch and leftover mashed potatoes. The ranch dressing added a bit of extra flavor to help the cheese. These biscuits were very good.
Using Leftover Mashed Potatoes in Biscuits
Making potatoes biscuits is a great way to use up your mashed potatoes. Plus, the mashed potatoes make your biscuits tender, moist, and fluffy; however, the dough is wetter in these potato biscuits than your average biscuit dough.
Because the dough is wetter than for most cut biscuits, it tends to stick to the cutter. We used a biscuit and donut cutter so that we could push the cut dough from the cutter using the hole in the top of the cutter. A can with both ends cut out will work also.
Cheddar Potato Biscuit Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- flour for dusting
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and grated cheese together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the ranch dressing, mashed potatoes, egg, and mix together. We used a whisk to combine these ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients all at once. Stir with a spatula only until mixed. Do not over-mix.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured counter and pat the dough with a floured hand into a 3/4-inch thick slab. Use a biscuit cutter to cut rounds. With a thin spatula, move the rounds to greased baking sheet.
- Bake for ten to twelve minutes or until they start to brown. Serve hot.
Other Articles You May be Interested In
- The Potato Ricer: The End of Gummy Potatoes
- How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
- Merri Ann’s Crockpot Potatoes
- How to Make Crispy Hash browns
- How to Use Your Leftover Ham
- 13 Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
Easy Make Ahead Meals. Save time in the kitchen with easy make-ahead meals like calzones, quiche, and French toast. Get recipes, variations, tips, and more. Just tell us where to send it.
Bread Mixes. We know breads! To get innovative ideas for breads and regular special offers on bread mixes, join our bread interest group. Our bread mixes are suitable for both bread machine and oven.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!