Time: 60 min | Yields: 9
This cream soup is easy to prepare and delicious. Instead of roasting the vegetables in the oven, consider wrapping them in aluminum foil and roasting them on the grill. Once the vegetables are roasted, this is an easy soup to prepare.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces, about 8 cups
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans chicken broth (14.5 ounces each)
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cream
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top.
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower pieces, onion slices, and garlic with the olive oil. Put the mixture on top of the rack and roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Place the cooked vegetables in a large pan with the broth, water, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf. And puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Stir in the cream and taste for salt and pepper. Depending on the sodium in the broth, you will probably need to add 1/2 to one teaspoon salt plus pepper to taste. Reheat the soup.
- Ladle into bowls to serve and sprinkle with paprika. Serve hot.
Recommended Cream Soup Recipes
- Cream of Broccoli Soup: You can turn this into the famous cheesy broccoli soup, or you can keep it as-is for a delightfully creamy soup.
- Cream of Potato Soup: There’s nothing quite as warming as a creamy potato soup.
- Cream of Corn Soup: This is a cream soup that doesn’t require you to cream the vegetables.
- Cream of Celery Soup: This soup is similar to our cream of broccoli soup but uses diced celery instead.
- Baked Potato Soup: This creamy soup is a great way to use baked potatoes, and the bacon and cheddar make it spectacular.
- Fall Harvest Soup: This is an unusual cream soup made with apples and honey for a bit of sweetness that is well-balanced with a touch of curry.
Recommended Chili and Soup Recipes
- Merri Ann’s Easy Chili
- Chicken and Black Bean Chili
- Black Bean and Rice Chili Recipe
- Wild Rice, Mushroom, and Ham (or Chicken) Soup
- Southwest Corn Soup
Learn more at the “Cream Soups and Chowders Resource Center.“
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Free Chowder E-book: “How to Make Chowder: A Chef’s Guide to Making Chowder”. Just tell us where to send it.
Soup Guide: A Beginner’s Guide to the Best Soups on the Planet
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!