This leprechaun pie is a fun dessert! We took our luscious Pink Lemonade Pie and made it green for St. Patrick’s Day. Since this is made with cream cheese, it’s very cheesecake-like. It also contains frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate.
Don’t Forget the Little Leprechauns
This recipe calls for making the pie in a nine-inch springform pan. We use a glass base silicone springform pan. With the graham cracker crust, it’s easy to peel the ring from the pie and cut nice, neat slices right on the glass base.
You can also turn this pie recipe into sweet, mini pies for your little leprechauns without really changing the recipe. All you do is press the divided crumb crust and filling into lined muffin cups instead of a springform pan.
You can find the recipe below.
Leprechaun Pie Recipe
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- Mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a nine-inch pie pan or springform pan. Mix until the crumbs have absorbed the butter and the mixture is uniform.
- Press the crumbs across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for ten minutes at 350 degrees or refrigerate the crust for an hour.
For the Filling
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup lemonade or limeade concentrate (not mixed with water)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- green food coloring as desired
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.
- Add the lemonade or limeade concentrate and lemon juice and continue beating until smooth. Color with green food coloring as desired.
- Poor into the pie shell and place in the freezer while you mix the topping.
For the Topping
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Several drops of green food coloring
- Place the coconut in a small bowl with several drops of food coloring and stir until the coconut turns green.
- Garnish with the pie with coconut.
- Refrigerate the pie.
The Little Leprechaun Pies Variation
- Prepare the same ingredients exactly as directed above.
- For the crust: Line the muffin pan with paper liners and scoop one tablespoon of the graham cracker mixture into each cup. Use a small measuring cup to press down the graham cracker mixture in each muffin cup, making the crust flat and uniform.
- For the filling: Scoop a little less than 1/4 cup of the filling into each muffin cup (our large quick-release scoop works well for this too). Smooth out the tops and place the pan in the freezer for about an hour or until the tops are slightly firm.
- For the topping: Spoon one tablespoon of whipped cream over each little pie. Smooth the whipped cream with a spatula and garnish with the green coconut.
- Freeze the pies until firm.
Complete Culinary School without Tuition!
Learn the art and science of baking with our free “How to Bake” ebook. With 453 pages, you will learn the techniques the pros use.
(Updated from May 25, 2014)