We’ve always been partial to blueberries and lemon together. This blueberry lemon turnover pastries recipe uses lemon filling with frozen blueberries, though we could have tried our blueberry pastry filling instead for more convenience. Again, with only two ingredients in the filling, this is super easy and quick.
FREE Baking Guide!
Blueberry Lemon Turnover Pastries
- 1 pie crust dough for six turnovers
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup individually frozen blueberries thawed in the microwave
- 1 cup lemon pastry filling at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie crust until it is just less than 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a dough press to cut out six circles for the turnover pastries.
- Mix the lemon filling and blueberries together.
- Place the circles in the dough press one at a time. Scoop about 1/3 cup filling into the center. Brush the edges with water and fold and crimp with press. Place the completed pastry on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining five dough circles. Poke four sets of vent holes in each pie to allow steam to escape as the pies bake.
- Bake for about 16 minutes or the turnover pastries begin to brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
The Icing for the Blueberry Lemon Turnover Pastries
You may use whatever flavor you prefer: vanilla, brown sugar caramel, orange, lemon, butter rum, butterscotch, or more. For these pies, we used lemon flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon flavor
Mix the powdered sugar with the meringue powder. Add the water and the flavor. Mix until smooth and spreadable adding more water as necessary. Do not make the frosting too thin. Drizzle the frosting over the completed banana cream turnover pastries using a disposable pastry bag or a zipper-type plastic bag with the corner cut.
(Updated from May 25, 2014)