This blueberries and cream turnover pastries recipe uses cream cheese filling  instead of Bavarian cream, but it is good with either. Again, with only two ingredients in the filling, this is super easy and quick.
FREE Baking Guide
Blueberries and Cream Turnover Pastries
- 1 pie crust dough for six turnovers
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup individually frozen blueberries thawed in the microwave
- 1 cup cream cheese filling  at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie crust until it is just less than 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a dough press  to cut out six circles for the turnover pastries.
- Mix the blueberries and the cream cheese filling together just until combined.
- Place the circles in the press one at a time. Scoop about 1/3 cup filling into the center. Brush the edges with water and fold and crimp with press. Place the completed pastry on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining five dough circles. Poke four sets of vent holes in each turnover pastry to allow steam to escape as the pastries bake.
- Bake for about 16 minutes or the turnover pastries begin to brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
The Icing for the Blueberry Lemon Turnover Pastries
You may use whatever flavor you prefer: vanilla, brown sugar caramel, orange, lemon, butter rum, butterscotch, or more . For these pies, we used lemon flavor .
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons meringue powder 
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon flavor
Mix the powdered sugar with the meringue powder. Add the water and the flavor. Mix until smooth and spreadable adding more water as necessary. Do not make the frosting too thin. Drizzle the frosting over the completed banana cream turnover pastries using a disposable pastry bag or a zipper-type plastic bag with the corner cut.
(Updated from May 25, 2014)