This is a scrumptious mashed potato salad—nothing too exotic but a great combination of flavors with the savory bacon, tangy pickles, and cider vinegar. The dressing is made with half sour cream and half mayonnaise. This recipe is a keeper.
- 8 to 10 new red potatoes or russets
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 small sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 strips bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks and boil them in salted water until they are tender but not mushy. (It’s not necessary to peel the potatoes.) Drain the potatoes and let them cool. Mash or rice the potatoes.
- Make the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, bell pepper, pickles, salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil together. Taste the dressing and add more seasoning or vinegar if desired.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix until you have a creamy mixture. Add the crumbled bacon to the potatoes or sprinkle it on top.
- Chill the mashed potato salad in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Other Articles You May be Interested In
- The Potato Ricer: The End of Gummy Potatoes
- How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
- Merri Ann’s Crockpot Potatoes
- How to Make Crispy Hash browns
- How to Use Your Leftover Ham
- 13 Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
Easy Make Ahead Meals. Save time in the kitchen with easy make-ahead meals like calzones, quiche, and French toast. Get recipes, variations, tips, and more. Just tell us where to send it.
Bread Mixes. We know breads! To get innovative ideas for breads and regular special offers on bread mixes, join our bread interest group. Our bread mixes are suitable for both bread machine and oven.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!