This is an all-American mashed potato salad. With the essence of a great cheeseburger, it includes onions, relish, and cheddar cheese. Everyone that tried this salad liked it. This recipe is a keeper.
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Wash the potatoes, place them into a large pot, and cover them with water. Add a tablespoon of salt. Partially cover the pot with a lid and bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat.
- Turn the heat to medium and continue cooking for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain off the water.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, you may either peel them or leave the skins on. Cut them into one-inch cubes. Mash the potatoes in a medium bowl, using either a potato masher or ricer.
- Add the minced onions, sweet relish, chopped boiled eggs, and cheddar cheese. Carefully mix the ingredients into the mashed potatoes.
- Combine the sour cream and mayonnaise and stir into the potato mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Other Articles You May be Interested In
- The Potato Ricer: The End of Gummy Potatoes
- How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
- Merri Ann’s Crockpot Potatoes
- How to Make Crispy Hash browns
- How to Use Your Leftover Ham
- 13 Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
Easy Make Ahead Meals. Save time in the kitchen with easy make-ahead meals like calzones, quiche, and French toast. Get recipes, variations, tips, and more. Just tell us where to send it.
Bread Mixes. We know breads! To get innovative ideas for breads and regular special offers on bread mixes, join our bread interest group. Our bread mixes are suitable for both bread machine and oven.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!