This garlic bread is made with a layer of fresh spinach and parmesan cheese. It’s different from your typical garlic bread, but it’s quick, easy, and very good.
- 1 1-pound loaf French or Italian bread
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and stemmed
- 6 to 8 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set aside a cookie sheet.
- Press the garlic through a garlic press or smash it with a fork. Place the spinach, softened butter, garlic salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Cut the bread in half horizontally. Divide mixture in half and spread half on each of the bread halves.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Cut into slices or cubes.
Baker’s notes: If you are using raw garlic, you will want to reduce the amount used.
Raw garlic may be up to four times as strong. Roasted garlic is much mellower tasting.
This bread can be successfully refrigerated and reheated to use later.
- How to Roast Garlic
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!