- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 onion
- 2 small broccoli crowns cut into pieces
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water with the one-half onion until the spaghetti is nearly tender (al dente).
- In another pan, steam the broccoli until it is nearly tender.
- In a frying pan, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Sauté the garlic on low heat and for about 7 minutes or until done.
- Drain the spaghetti. Mix the spaghetti, broccoli, garlic and olive oil, and the rest of the olive oil together. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve on a large platter and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- American Spaghetti Carbonara
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!