This mint white chocolate fudge is an easy fudge recipe. Melt the chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk, add the goodies, and put it in a pan. It’s surprisingly good for such an easy recipe. Be sure to use good quality chocolate.
- 1 pound (about three cups) white chocolate wafers or equal
- 1 14-ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint flavor
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk until the pieces are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the mint flavor, food coloring, and walnuts.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared baking pan. Cover and freeze for four hours or until firm.
- Holding the edges of the foil, lift the block of fudge from the pan. Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut the fudge into squares. Store your fudge in the refrigerator or freezer.
Variations: Consider this recipe a template. Try white or dark chocolate. Add nuts, raisins, candy pieces, or candied fruit. For dark chocolate variations, use vanilla or almond extract.
Baker’s note: Especially if you leave this out on a warm counter, this fudge can get sticky. Keep it in the refrigerator or the freezer. This is not as nice as a classic cooked fudge but it can be very good and certainly is easy.
(Updated from May 22, 2014)