A Little Bite of Heaven
We believe zucchini bread should be a sweet treat to enjoy and be shared, not a way to eat your vegetables. Step up your zucchini bread game with this super moist loaf with a burst of cinnamon in every bite. People will be lining up at your door to get the recipe.
- So moist! You wouldn’t guess it, but the sour cream in this zucchini bread makes it tender and moist, unlike any loaf you likely will have tried.
- So flavorful! This recipe takes your typical zucchini bread and transforms it into an unforgettable sweet treat with cinnamon chips and extra cinnamon.
- So versatile! You can use this cinnamon burst zucchini bread however you want. We’ve even made tasty sandwiches out of it.
The Cinnamon Chips that Changed our Life and Recipes
You thought putting chocolate chips in your zucchini bread was tasty? Adding cinnamon chips to your zucchini bread will change your life, and you’ll never want to go back.
Several years ago, we visited a Great Harvest® bakery where we tried their cinnamon burst bread. We loved the cinnamon chips and the bursts of sweet cinnamon they created throughout the bread. It was so much better than simply adding a cinnamon swirl and just packed that sweet cinnamon punch that we didn’t know we needed.
When we got back to the office, we called a food broker, “Find us those chips!” Several months later he did and we’ve been using them in bread, muffins, and cookies since.
Cinnamon Burst Sour Cream Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini squash
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips 
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir the flour to break up the packed bits, making it light and fluffy. Spoon the lightened flour into a measuring cup to get 3 cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together. Fold in the sour cream, oil, and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the cinnamon chips. Do not continue stirring.
- Pour the batter into two well-greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until tested done with a toothpick or skewer inserted into the middles. Cool for ten minutes on a rack before removing the loaves from the pan.
Zucchini Bread Sandwiches
Don’t stop with just zucchini bread. Make it into a tasty zucchini bread sandwich. Fill it with peanut butter and jelly or your favorite sandwich fillings to make a complete meal.
- Learn more at the “Cinnamon Chip  Resource Center. “ 
- Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.” 
- How to Make Cinnamon Chip Pancakes!  Make apple, banana, and pumpkin cinnamon chip pancakes.
- How to Make Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread! This will tell you how to make it from scratch–when you don’t have a mix.
- Cinnamon Chip Biscuits!  Often, we pair cinnamon chips with muffins but try them in biscuits.
- Filled Cinnamon Chip Muffins in Ramekins.  This is super fun! Bake them in pretty ramekins and then fill them with apple, peach or other fillings.
Get this FREE e-book!
“The Magic of Cinnamon Chips!”
Learn how cinnamon chips transform any recipe into something magical with a burst of flavor in every bite.