Though this recipe has 3/4 pound of chocolate plus 1/2 cup cocoa, it is not outrageous. It is a large batch filling a 9 x13-inch about 1 1/2 inches deep. Only ten percent of those who tried it thought it was too chocolatey. For the cocoa, we used our Ramstad-Breda Medium Dark Cocoa at about twice the cocoa butter content of most store brands.
- 10 ouncessemisweet baking chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt together until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add the cocoa and mix well. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Pour the finished batter into the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few sticky crumbs. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan on the rack. Once cool, lift the cake from the pan and cut into servings with a serrated knife on a breadboard.
- How to Turn Brownies into Brownie Pops in 15 minutes
Free How to Bake E-book: Learn the art and science of baking with our free “How to Bake” E-book. With 445 pages, you will learn the techniques the pros use. Just tell us where to send it.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.