This is cool stuff! Not only can you use it as a frosting, look what else you can do with homemade marshmallow cream.
- Spread it on your warm brownies and then sprinkle nuts of candy pieces on top.
- Make sandwich cookies.
- Make marshmallow stuffed French toast. Spread marshmallow cream between the slices.
- Use it as a fresh fruit dip.
- Make thumbprint cookies. Fill the prints with marshmallow cream.
- Make rice crispy treats.
- Spoon it into a pastry bag and then fill the centers of your favorite cupcakes.
- Spread it between layers of a cake.
- Top a banana split with marshmallow cream.
- Plop a scoop of marshmallow cream in your hot cocoa.
- Top your desserts with marshmallow cream.
- Add a scoop of marshmallow cream to strawberry shortcakes.
Strawberry or Cherry Marshmallow Cream Recipe
You will need a candy thermometer to make this recipe. Compare types here:
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon strawberry or cherry extract or liqueur
- Beat the egg whites: In a very clean glass or metal bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until light and foamy. With the mixer still running, sprinkle in the two tablespoons of sugar. Continue beating until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Make the sugar syrup: In a small saucepan, mix the water, corn syrup, and the 2/3 cup granulated sugar together. Cook over medium heat until it is ready to boil, 210 degrees. Do not stir past this point. Continue to boil without stirring until it reaches 240 degrees. Do not overcook.
- Add the sugar syrup to the egg whites: Immediately drizzle the hot syrup in a thin stream into the egg whites with the mixer running on low. Add the color and flavor. Turn the mixer to high and beat for five or six minutes or until the sauce is very fluffy and the consistency of marshmallow cream. Beat in the extract.
- Ten Ways to Make Flavored Whipped Cream
- Fillings for Sandwich Cookies
- The Most Popular Dessert in the World: Sticky Toffee Pudding
- How to Make Whoopie Pies
- Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Cakes that You Don’t have to Frost
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!