Thai Mango Salad with Thai Sweet Chili Dressing Recipe
I love Thai food. I love the kick that Thai sweet chili brings. I love peanut sauce, even the chopped peanuts.And I love mangos. So, this is a perfect combination with its bright sweet chili and lime dressing and ripe mangos.
When we made this in our test kitchen, we served this to customers and employees. (That’s what we do in the test kitchen.)
Most loved it! The dressing has a little kick. You can control how much by how much of the pepper that you add. We’re in Idaho–meat and potato country–and a little heat goes a long way. Manage the pepper and you and your family will love this Thai salad.
Of course, the fresh fruit–the mango– makes this salad. View this article for instructions, tips, and techniques for how to cut a mango.
For the Thai Sweet Chili Dressing
- 1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- one green onion, very finely sliced
- two tablespoons brown sugar
- Serrano pepper, seeded and very finely diced (for heat)
- Remove the seeds and the inner membranes. Start with 1/4 of the pepper and add more to get the heat that you want.
- Mix the lime juice, brown sugar, and chili sauce.
- Add the onion and pepper pieces.
For the Mango Salad
- two mangos, cut and diced
- lettuce, shredded or other greens
- peanuts, finely chopped
- Arrange the mango dices on beds of greens.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.