Want More Fun?Get a free ooey, gooey caramel popcorn kit. Plus get free recipes for pigs in a blanket, homemade playdough, painted cookies, corn dogs, and peanut butter brownies in an ice cream cone.
Brownies and Ice Cream — The Perfect Marriage
You can buy ice cream with brownie chunks. Or you can pile ice cream on top of a brownie–a brownie sundae. But you probably haven’t thought of baking the brownies inside ice cream cones. One of our readers wrote and asked if the peanut butter brownie cupcake recipe could be baked in an ice cream cone. Very nice idea. So we whipped up a batch. It worked perfectly.
How to Bake Brownies inside ice cream cones!
There are brownies inside those ice cream cones! It’s pretty easy to do:
- Stand flat-bottomed ice cream cones upright in a muffin pan.
- Spoon two to three inches of brownie batter into each ice cream cone.
- Bake the brownies in the ice cream cones in the muffin pan.
- Spoon ice cream onto the brownies in the cones.
Choose whatever brownies you prefer, use a mix or your favorite recipe. We used a peanut butter brownie recipe for the chocolate ice cream cone you see here. It worked perfectly. We think this would be a great idea for a birthday party or for the kids at the next family reunion. And this is such an easy recipe, you can whip up a batch of cones in no time. The recipe can be doubled.
Ingredients2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
flat-bottomed ice cream cones
Wrap a dozen ice cream cone cups in aluminum foil and place them in a muffin tin. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.1. In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, stirring as needed.
2. Stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture. Stir the eggs and vanilla into the mixture. Stir in the flour.
3. Fill the ice cream cone cups about three fourths full of batter. Put a teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of each.
4. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes depending on the size of the cone. A toothpick should still have gooey crumbs on it if tested.
5. When completely cooled, put a scoop of ice cream in the tops of the cups. Sprinkle the ice cream with cake decorations of your choice.
There’s never a wrong way to mix ice cream and brownies!
You can make brownie shakes.
Make your shake. Drop a couple brownies in your shake and hit the blender a couple quick bursts. The trick is to make it quick–don’t pulverize the brownies just chop them into chunks.