There are lots of breakfast pizzas. We like this one. It’s a twist on the breakfast sandwiches that you get at the drive-through, a combination of eggs, ham, and cheddar but on a pizza.
Classic Pizza Dough mix
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 small onion, diced
1/4 green or red bell pepper, chopped
diced ham, crumbled bacon, or sausage bits
5 large eggs
pepper and salt
2/3 cup grated cheddar
2/3 cup grated mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the dough according to package instructions. Divide the dough into two parts to make two thin-crust, 14-inch pizzas. Roll the crust in pizza pans using a pizza roller. The crust will be about ¼-inch thick. Cover them and set them aside while you cook the eggs and veggies.
- In a skillet, melt the one tablespoon of butter and sauté the onion, pepper, and ham in the butter until the vegetables are almost tender. Stir in the eggs and pepper and salt to taste. Cook until done but soft, stirring frequently.
- While the eggs are cooking, brush the crusts with olive oil and place the pizza crusts in the oven. Bake until the crusts are a light golden brown, about ten minutes. The crusts will be thin and almost cracker-like.
- Spread the crusts with salsa. Spoon the cooked eggs and veggies onto the crusts over the salsa. Sprinkle the tops of the eggs with the cheeses. Place the pizza back in the oven at 425 degrees and bake for two more minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- What Should You Buy—a Pizza Stone or a Pizza Pan?
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club” for more like this.
Follow us.If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers,tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!