10 Easy Ideas for Breakfast
1. Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes and other fruit pancakes. You can add almost any fruit to your pancakes—like raspberries, blueberries, sliced bananas, or chunks of fresh pineapple. Or you can macerate the fruit in granulated sugar and spoon it over the finished pancakes. Or you can buy Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes or make other pancakes from a mix.
2. Blueberry Stuffed French Toast or other stuffed French toast. (Pictured above) It’s easy to stuff French toast. But Blueberry Stuffed French Toast is really good. Stuff it with blueberry pastry filling or other pastry fillings.
3. Strawberry and Banana Chocolate Pannekoeken with Coconut Cream Syrup. When we’re feeling indulgent, this is what we do. You can use any pannekoeken mix or recipe but chocolate is especially nice. Simply load it with fresh bananas and strawberries and drizzle a coconut or other cream syrup over it. Top it with whipped cream. It doesn’t take long to make and it’s certainly memorable.
4. Gourmet Muffins and Jam. Muffins are easy but common, so make them gourmet with a little jam. If you want something scrumptious and easy, consider these just-add water muffin mixes, with your choice of gourmet jam.
5. Bacon and Potato Frittata. A frittata is like an omelet but you put it in the oven and you don’t have to turn it. It’s a special occasion breakfast that even the klutzes among us can make. And this bacon and potato frittata recipe is outstanding.
6. Fruit Smoothie. Blend her favorite flavors into a thick smoothie and top it with ice cream. Use fresh or frozen fruit. Check out our great collection of smoothie recipes and choose one you think she’ll like.
7. English muffins with Lingonberry jam. Make Mom homemade English muffins, or try a loaf of English muffin bread to make toast with. Lingonberry jam is the perfect topper for these warm baked goods.
8. Mexican Chocolate Crumb Cake with caramel whipped cream and caramel drizzle. This gem works as a coffee cake, a snacking cake, or even as a formal dessert. Because no frosting is required, this crumb cake is quick. It’s easy, it looks terrific, and tastes delicious.
9. Sweet Cherry Almond Donuts. These are baked in your oven just as you would make muffins. They come out of the oven tender, moist, and full of rich cherry. Stir the included glaze mix, dip your donuts in the glaze, and enjoy (you will need a baked donut pan available from The Prepared Pantry and other sources).
10. Butter Pecan Scones. Mom will enjoy these gourmet scones–light, buttery, flakey, and very good. They are loaded with premium pecans and buttery baking chips and topped with a butter pecan frosting. These taste like they come from a famous coffee shop.