Easy Homemade Egg Noodles Recipe
“I really love these noodles.”–Katie
1. In a medium bowl, mix the flour and salt together.
2. In a small bowl or large cup, whisk the eggs, oil, and water together. Form a depression in the flour mixture and add the egg mixture. Mix well.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured counter top. Knead for eight to ten minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Divide the dough in half with a sharp knife. With a rolling pin, roll each dough piece until it is 1/16 to 1/8-inch thick. Cover the dough with a cloth and let rest for 20 minutes to relax the gluten.
5. Using a sharp knife, slice the dough on the counter into strips 3/8-inches wide. world time Drop the noodles one at time into the simmering soup. Cook until tender.
Baker’s Note: Start these noodles about 30 minutes before you would like to add them to your soup.