Prep Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 1hr.
You don’t need much more for this than a pot and can opener. It’s super easy to make and was the winner of an extended family chili cook off.
This is a one pot meal. Cook the ground beef in the same pan that you will use for the soup. You’ll have soup on the table in one hour.
1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained of grease
5 15-ounce cans of beans, drained
2 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes with onions
1 29 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a large Dutch oven or other pan.
- Stir and cook over medium heat.
- Let simmer for five minutes to meld the flavors. Serve hot.
Recommended Cream Soup Recipes
- Cream of Broccoli Soup: You can turn this into the famous cheesy broccoli soup, or you can keep it as-is for a delightfully creamy soup.
- Cream of Potato Soup: There’s nothing quite as warming as a creamy potato soup.
- Cream of Corn Soup: This is a cream soup that doesn’t require you to cream the vegetables.
- Cream of Celery Soup: This soup is similar to our cream of broccoli soup but uses diced celery instead.
- Baked Potato Soup: This creamy soup is a great way to use baked potatoes, and the bacon and cheddar make it spectacular.
- Roasted Cauliflower, Onion, and Garlic Soup: This soup is easy to prepare and delicious once the vegetables are roasted.
- Fall Harvest Soup: This is an unusual cream soup made with apples and honey for a bit of sweetness that is well-balanced with a touch of curry.
Recommended Chili and Soup Recipes
- Merri Ann’s Easy Chili
- Chicken and Black Bean Chili
- Black Bean and Rice Chili Recipe
- Wild Rice, Mushroom, and Ham (or Chicken) Soup
- Southwest Corn Soup
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Free Chowder E-book: “How to Make Chowder: A Chef’s Guide to Making Chowder”. Just tell us where to send it.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!