This is a classic pizza made with Italian country sausage and sweet onion slices. We caramelized the onion but you can cook it on the pizza if you prefer.
This is a really great pizza with asiago cheese.
1 15-inch pizza crust made from a recipe or from a pizza crust mix
I large sweet onion such as Vandalia
1/2 to 3/4 pound Italian country-style sausage
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano
2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup asiago cheese, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the pizza crust as directed on the package or in the recipe. Prepare a 15-inch pizza pan by lightly greasing it and sprinkling it with corn meal or semolina flour or use a baking stone dusted with corn meal or semolina flour.
- Cook the sausage. When it is cooked, drain the grease and set aside.
- Thinly slice the onion. In the same pan, sauté the onion until it is done.
- When the pizza dough is ready for the toppings, spread the marina sauce and the finely chopped garlic on the pizza dough. Spread half the cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle with oregano and basil. Spread the cooked sausage and onion over the pizza. Spread the rest of the cheeses over the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is brown and the cheeses are bubbly. Serve hot.
Makes one 15-inch pizza.
- What Should You Buy—a Pizza Stone or a Pizza Pan?
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club” for more like this.
Follow us.If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers,tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!