This is a great turkey meatloaf. Ground turkey can be a bit dry. We added sour cream and egg yolks to get the fat content high enough. The diced carrots and catsup on top make this a colorful, attractive dish. Save any leftovers for great sandwiches.
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups carrot, finely diced
2 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
2/3 cup catsup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 3/4 pounds ground turkey
1/3 cup chopped parsley
11/2 cups fresh bread broken into small pieces
1/2 cup sour cream
3 egg yolks
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and carrot in the butter until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for another two or three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the catsup. Add the remainder to the sautéed vegetables. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the turkey in a large bowl with the vegetable mixture, parsley, bread pieces, sour cream, and egg yolks until mixed. Do not over mix.
- Place the meat in a pan and gently pat into an even layer. Spread with the reserved catsup.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the meatloaf tests done at 170 degrees with a meat thermometer.