These make gorgeous dessert pizzas. Use your favorite fruits or whatever is in season. The one in the picture is made with strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, grape and key lime. The one in the recipe is a favorite.
We sometimes use Instant Clearjel to make the glaze without cooking.
1 batch of cookie dough (our favorite is Butterscotch Pecan)
1/2 lb Bavarian cream filling or similar
1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
2-3 bananas, sliced (tossed in lemon juice to keep from browning)
2 kiwis, sliced and halved
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix your cookie dough according to recipe or package directions.
- Press the cookie dough onto a lightly greased 14-inch round nonstick pizza pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Invert the giant cookie onto a cutting board or another pan and then onto a large plate or platter for serving.
- Spread the bavarian cream filling over the cookie.
- Arrange the fruit on the bavarian cream however you would like. Usually a pattern of some sort works out well.
- Gradually combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl until cornstarch dissolves. Combine sugar and orange juice in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the water and cornstarch mixture. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Brush over fruit.
Serve with whipped cream or plain.
- What Should You Buy—a Pizza Stone or a Pizza Pan?
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club” for more like this.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!