It’s easy to roast a chicken. While you can inject flavors and put them under the skin, you don’t have to. In this case, we simply used seasoning.
- See how to make flavorful chicken >>
- See a vertical roaster with infuser >>
- See a marinade injector >>
You can bake this chicken in three ways: on a vertical rack, on a rack over a baking sheet, or in a roasting pan with rack in the bottom. Your rack should clear the pan enough to allow hot air to circulate around the chicken.
2 whole chickens, preferably smaller ones
2 bay leaves
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the cavity of each chicken with salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Place a bay leaf in each chicken.
- Place the chickens on a rack, breast side up, in or over a pan.
- Roast the chickens for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the internal temperature in the thigh meat is 170 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for ten minutes. Save the drippings for gravy.
- With kitchen shears or poultry shears, split the chicken in half cutting down the center of the back and the center of breasts. Place a half chicken on each plate for serving.