4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups granulated sugar
1 15-ounce can of pureed pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand-type mixer and with the paddle attachment, mix the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin together until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue beating until combined.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper or grease and flour. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth it until it is level. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack. If you are using parchment paper, grab the edges of the paper and lift the cake onto a cutting board. Frost the cake. Cut it into bars to serve.
For the frosting
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon orange zest
3 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoon milk
- Beat the butter in a small bowl until it is fluffy. Add the zest. Gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Beat in enough milk to reach the desired spreading consistency.