6 corn tortillas
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 small clove of garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
3/4 teaspoon taco seasoning or to taste
1 cup grated mild cheddar
1 cup enchilada sauce
More cheese for garnish
Optional black olives for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly fry the tortillas on both sides until they just start to get brown spots. Do not overcook or they will be stiff and brittle.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Sauté the burger and drain the fat from the meat. Stir in the taco seasoning.
- For the filling, mix the burger, cheese, garlic and onion together.
- Place about 1/3 cup of the hot filling in each tortilla and roll it up. Place two or three tortillas side by side on large plates. Place refried beans or black beans and Spanish rice on the plate. Pour some sauce over the rolled and filled tortillas.
- Place the plates in the hot oven for five minutes. Remove them from the oven and immediately sprinkle them with additional grated cheese and sliced black olives. If the cheese does not melt quickly, place the plates back in the oven for a minute.
- Serve hot from the oven.