A Sandwich You’ll Never Forget
- Love at first bite! All of those bologna or ham and cheese sandwiches from childhood will pale in comparison to the flavors of this sandwich. From the zesty taste of the focaccia to the happy marriage of the chicken and all the Italian flavors–the whole family is sure to love every bite.
- So easy! These sandwiches can be made in just five easy steps, and you can easily make the focaccia with one of our mixes even if you’ve never made bread before. They’ll quickly become your go-to sandwiches for sure.
- So many variations! You’ll never get bored with these chicken sandwiches because you can make so many variations with our different focaccia mixes. Whether you want an Italian style focaccia or a cheesy focaccia– we’ve got you covered.
Love at First Bite: The Focaccia Sandwich
In my earlier years, we lived by a little sandwich shop that we absolutely loved. I was always so excited to try new things, so when I discovered the focaccia sandwich, it was love at first bite– the light and chewy, herb-infused focaccia with delightful sandwich fillings in every bite. This chicken Florentine focaccia sandwich is reminiscent of that old sandwich shop, and I think you’ll love it just as much as I did.
Easy to Make Focaccia Sandwiches
For the focaccia, either buy focaccia loaves at your local bakery or use a focaccia bread mix from The Prepared Pantry. Mixes are easy and you can choose from four varieties.
The best part? You don’t even need to know how to bake bread to make the focaccia for these easy sandwiches. All you have to do is combine the ingredients from the mix, lay it out like a pizza, and throw it into the oven. You’ll have delicious focaccia for your yummy sandwiches in no time.
If you want more variation on these tasty sandwiches besides varying the bread mix, you can try it with chicken salad instead.Chicken Florentine Focaccia Sandwiches Chicken Salad Focaccia Sandwiches Chicken Florentine Focaccia Sandwiches
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 large wedges of focaccia bread
- spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Marinate the chicken in the salad dressing for about a half-hour.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet, turning once, until cooked. Once cooked, slice the chicken across the grain into thin slices for sandwiches.
- Split the red pepper into fourths and remove the seeds. Cook the bell pepper until almost soft.
- Split the focaccia bread and spread mayonnaise on both sides of the wedges. Cut the chicken into pieces to approximate your bread wedges.
- Load each sandwich with chicken, a slice of cheese, the cooked bell pepper, and spinach leaves. Serve at once.
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large wedges of focaccia bread.
Mix all the ingredients together and put it on your focaccia bread.
Like this recipe? Share it with your friends now!
(Updated from May 24, 2014)