5 slices bacon
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup bread torn into small pieces
2 large eggs beaten
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon cooked to a crisp and crumble or snip it into small pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté the onion, celery, pepper, and garlic together until the onion is soft and translucent.
- In a large bowl, mix the parsley, bread pieces, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper together. Add the bacon and sautéed vegetables.
- Using your hands, mix the ground meat and cheese into the mixture in the bowl. Place the mixture in a 9×5 loaf pan and pat into shape.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until the meatloaf registers 160 degrees with an insta-read thermometer. Let stand for ten minutes and then transfer the meatloaf to platter for serving.