Ah, picture a French toast made with your favorite bread and gently crusted on the top with melted cinnamon and sugar.
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk or cream
1 pinch salt
3-4 slices bread
cinnamon  and sugar mixture (see notes)
- Whisk two eggs and the milk or cream together along with the salt.
- Dip the bread, one slice at a time, in egg mixture coating both sides. Place the dipped bread in a medium hot skillet that has been lightly buttered.
- Immediately sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the bread. We put a nice heavy coating of sugar on the bread but you can add whatever you desire.
- Cook the bread for about three minutes or until it starts to brown on the bottom.
- Turn the bread over and cook the coated side for about two minutes or until done. Remove the bread to a platter and serve hot.
- To make the cinnamon and sugar mixture, use good quality cinnamon  and mix the cinnamon in a ratio of one tablespoon cinnamon for four tablespoons sugar. If you like less cinnamon, simply dilute it with more sugar.
- Set the temperature for the pan a little lower than what you would for most French toast. The sugar in the mixture will caramelize quickly against the hot pan. A slightly lower heat will help assure against burning.