This spaghetti is made with fresh Roma tomatoes, vegetables, and mozzarella cheese. Certainly, it is more work than spaghetti sauce from a bottle but well worth it.
This recipe calls for peeling fresh tomatoes. Don’t let that give you pause. One minute in hot water, and the skins slip off easily.
About 10 medium Roma fresh tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon crushed basil
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper, season to taste
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for one minute or until the skins crack. Remove the tomatoes from the water and let them cool until they can be handled. Peel the tomatoes using the edge of a paring knife.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out and discard the seeds. Chop the tomatoes. If you want a smoother sauce, puree the tomatoes in the blender.
- In a large sauce pot, over medium heat, brown the garlic to a golden color in the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and green pepper and sauté them until just partially cooked. Add the tomatoes, basil, cheese and oregano plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low for about 45 minutes.
- American Spaghetti Carbonara 
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them. 
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!