This is a recipe for a baked paella. It is made in a rounded pan, a pan that we usually sell for pannekoeken or Dutch babies.
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups clam juice
3/4 cup white wine
1/8 teaspoon saffron (turmeric may be used)
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium yellow or red bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups Arborio rice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 pound scallops
1/2 pound clams
1 large tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
parsley or cilantro for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken stock, clam juice, wine, and saffron. Heat until boiling and then remove from the heat.
- In the paella pan, sauté the onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat about five minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Add the rice and the contents of the saucepan and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the paella form the oven and top with the seafood and tomato. Bake for an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until clams have opened, all the liquid is absorbed, and the shrimp and scallops are cooked. Discard any clams that do not open. Remove from the oven and let stand for five minutes. Garnish with parsley or cilantro.