This is the easy way to bake fish. Because the hot air circulates around the fish, it is crispy on each side without frying. This is great fish cooked in a healthier way.
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water
2/3 cup crushed corn flakes
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound white fish such as halibut or haddock or snapper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place an oven-proof cooling rack on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. This method will work best if the rack sits an inch or so off the pan to allow air to circulate under the food and cook the meat from below.
- Combine the flour, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and water together.
- In yet another bowl, combine corn flakes, grated cheese and cayenne.
- Dredge the fish pieces in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then in the corn flake mixture.
- Place the fish pieces on the rack. Back for 10 to15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Baking times will vary with the thickness of the fish. Serve hot.