This recipe uses crêpes to make a torte. Of course, if you prefer, you can fold the crêpes as you choose. While this recipe calls for fresh berries, we used frozen berries and it worked wonderfully well.
For the Crêpes:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and salt. Add to the flour and whip to a smooth batter. Refrigerate the batter for two hours.
- Heat a nine-inch crêpe pan on medium high heat. Brush with butter.
- Measure batter into the hot pan. Immediately tilt and rotate the pan so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the bottom of the crêpe is a nice even, golden brown.
- Use a pallet knife or thin, sturdy spatula to turn the crêpe. Cook the second side only it is a blonde color, not as dark as the first side.
- Remove the Crêpe to a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper and repeat with the rest of the batter.
For the filling:
2 cups red raspberries
2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the berries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl slightly crushing the berries. Let the mixture stand for one-half hour at room temperature for the flavors to mingle.
- Lay a Crêpe on a flat plate. Spoon filling on the crêpe. Repeat for four to six crêpes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped cream.
- Berry Vanilla Custard Crepes
- Coconut Mango Paradise Crêpes
- Cherry Jam Cream Cheese Crêpes
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!