For the crust:
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 large egg yolks
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. With the paddle attachment of your stand-type mixer, beat the butter until it begins to soften. Add the powdered sugar and the extracts. Beat in the egg yolks and egg. Add the flour and continue beating until combined.
2. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan and line it with parchment or foil. If you use foil, butter the foil well. Press the dough into the pan with your hand until it is of uniform depth across the bottom of the pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Visit The Cookie Center
For the filling:
Make the filling while the crust is baking.
5 large eggs
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
the zest from one large lemon
1. With a fork, whisk the ingredients together just until combined and not foamy.
2. When the crust comes from the oven, pour the filling on the hot crust and bake for another 30 minutes or until the filling is set and firm.
3. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cool, grab the edges of the foil or parchment paper and lift the cake to a cutting board for trimming and cutting.
Free! A Bakers Cookie Guide
Get this three volume cookbook, troubleshooting guide and more